Canadian Mortgage Professionals, its associates, and employees provides you with a right of privacy with respect to your personal information.
We collect and disclose your information for the purpose of providing mortgage brokerage services to you which includes advising you of your financial options, arranging mortgage financing, and informing you of insurance and other products offered or approved by us.
Canadian Mortgage Professionals adheres to the privacy principles based on the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, recognized as a national standard.
The standard addresses the ways in which we collect, use, and disclose personal information. It also addresses the rights of individuals to have access to their personal information, and to have it corrected if necessary.
THE CODE’S TEN PRINCIPLES WE ADHERE TO ARE:
1. Accountability: Canadian Mortgage Professionals is responsible for personal information under its control. A Policies and Procedures manual are in place and one or more individuals have been designated to be accountable for the organization’s compliance with the following principles.
2. Identifying Purposes: At the time personal information is collected, Canadian Mortgage Professionals will inform individuals of the purpose for which this information is being used.
3. Consent: Canadian Mortgage Professionals will obtain consent from an individual upon collection of personal information.
4. Limiting Collection: Canadian Mortgage Professionals will collect information only for the identified purposes. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by the law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for fulfillment of those purposes.
6. Accuracy: Canadian Mortgage Professionals will keep personal information in its possession accurate, complete and up-to-date based on the most recent information received. Individuals may have their personal information amended as appropriate.
7. Safeguards: Canadian Mortgage Professionals protects personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Your information will be kept under database encryption and password protection. Canadian Mortgage Professionals uses a secure socket layer (SSL) that encrypts your data and creates a secure connection between your web browser and our web server.
8. Openness: Canadian Mortgage Professionals will make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
9. Individual Access: Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
10. Challenging Compliance: Individuals may direct any inquires with respect to the privacy principles noted above by contacting the Broker / Owner of Canadian Mortgage Professionals, Robert G. Reader, Office: 403-509-2434 or Cell: 403-819-0500. The alternative contact would be Jackie Stanglmaier, Office Manager at 403-509-2434.
Canadian Mortgage Professionals may also provide you with product and service information via email should you have provided us with your email address.